Struttin' with Smith

Monday, February 06, 2006

THE BEGINNING

I recently took a road trip with three (girl)friends to Blue Mountain - a skiing village a couple hours north of Toronto. I should premise this story by telling you that I have the WORST luck when it comes to travelling. Granted, my bad luck is usually a result of me always being late - but in this case, it was a matter of bad timing for Mother Nature - as it was clearly her time of the month....and we drove directly into her wrath. Anyway, my point is that I was stuck in a car with these girls a lot longer that any one of us had anticipated. Don't take me wrong, I love these bitches to death....but five hours in a Ford Focus could put anyone over the edge. Luckily, I had stashed some mini-Baileys in my parka ;-)

Through this snow-induced booze cruise, I came to the realization that these girls had just as much to say about 'nothing' as I did....and the funny thing is, we were loving every minute of the conversation - so much in fact, that we completely forgot about the driving conditions (this is probably part of the reason we skidded into the ditch and I was forced to push the Focus out in my new Nudie Jeans). But, in retrospect, I was amazed that there were other people who were just as passionate about fashion and celebrities as I was. We all agreed that $600 wasn't too much to pay for a great pair of ass-hugging jeans; we were all shocked at the Locklear and Sambora split (even though they're as about C-list as you can get); we shared our starvation secrets and 'how to lose 13 pounds in seven hours'. It was FANTASTIC.

Then I got to thinking...maybe there are others who are as shallow as us? And that's why I've decided to start this blog. I know, I know - the web is flooded with Hollywood gossip sites; people claiming to tell you what's in and what's out; your basic 'fluff' that a lot of people couldn't give two shi*ts about.

...and I guess that this blog won't be much different. But this time, I'm running the show; I'm calling the shots....

I'm starting a weekly column. A column that will be about absolutely nothing to some...and absolutely EVERYTHING to others. What to, How to, Who to do, Who not to do.....I'll cover it all and each week it will be different. So hopefully, you're ready to strut....to Strut with Smith!

Stay tuned - the first column is coming to you this Friday!

...and always remember, "You'll never be as good as me"
Smith

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home